TENDINEA ™ is a multi-phase dietary supplement formulated in tablets based on functional ingredients useful when their dietary intake is absent or lacking. Specifically, the ingredients perform the following actions:
- Vitamin B12 intervenes in the process of cell division.
- zinc contributes to the protection of fibroblasts (cells used to construct the connective tissue that forms tendons) from oxidative stress.
- Collagen is the main protein in the connective tissue of our body; there are many different types of collagen in our body and their absence causes major dysfunctions. The lack of production of type 1 collagen, for example, results in extremely fragile bones. Long-chain proteins, such as collagen, are distributed during digestion in their original amino acids and can then be absorbed. Once absorbed, these amino acids may represent the necessary source for the synthesis of collagen throughout the body. If administered orally, it stimulates a statistically significant increase in the synthesis of macromolecules of the extracellular matrix by chondrocytes. These results suggest that collagen-based supplements could actually help patients with common and widespread diseases such as osteoarthritis. Numerous studies have also shown that collagen is an effective source of joint pain improvement in women and men affected by osteoarthritis, osteoarthritis and similar clinical conditions.
- Glucosamine sulfate is a substance naturally present in the connective tissues of the human body. Glucosamine is an aminomonosaccharide (or glycosamine) and one of the main precursors of the synthesis of glycosylated proteins and lipids. It is one of the major components of the shell of crustaceans and other arthropods, in mushrooms and many higher organisms. Glucosamine has regenerative properties on the tissues performing a repairing, anti-inflammatory and anti-aging action as well as joint lubricant. It is an important component of cartilage, ligaments and other structures in humans.
- Bromelain is a complex of two proteolytic enzymes (ie a protein capable of degrading other proteins in amino acids) identified in Ananas comosus (Bromeliaceae family from which the name). It is particularly used in the treatment of soft tissue inflammatory states associated with trauma, in localized inflammation (especially in the presence of edema), and in postoperative tissue reactions. The safety of the use of bromelain compared to other anti-inflammatories, derives from the difference in its mechanism of action: in fact, where NSAIDs inhibit the CyclOxygenase, blocking the synthesis of prostaglandins, Bromelain, instead, increases the production of prostaglandins with anti-inflammatory activity at detrimental to those with pro-inflammatory activity: this avoids the typical gastrointestinal damage of NSAIDs. The catalytic power of bromelain is expressed in GDU / g; the higher this value, the more potent the enzyme preparation is. In Biocartilago is present Bromelina 2500 GDU.
(Below is a useful and explanatory link on the calculation and meaning of the GDU catalytic power:
-Turmeric (present as dry extract) has long been known for its anti-inflammatory properties; the main component of the extract, curcumin, is a polyphenol able to act on the differentiation of osteoclasts useful for the treatment of osteoporosis as it seems to act on the Wnt / β-catenin pathway, an important signaling pathway because involved in the growth, in the development and maintenance of a number of tissues, including bone tissue.
-Boswellia is a tree whose bark is extracted from the scented oil-rubber resin, composed of a mixture of boswellic acids (triterpene compounds). These are able to counteract localized states of tension, having anti-inflammatory properties. In particular, the acetyl-11-keto boswellic acid (AKBA) is mainly responsible for the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activity.
- The dry extract of Rosemary (10%), containing 15 mg of carnosic acid; remarkable anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties have been attributed to the components of Rosmarinus officinalis.
-Manganese is an element that is part of the enzyme superoxide dismutase that catalyzes the transformation of oxygen free radicals into molecules of hydrogen peroxide, thus decreasing levels of oxidative stress.
- Selenium is another antioxidant mineral, involved in bone remodeling.
The formula is completed by enriching and strengthening its antioxidant and joint support function, other components from the Ribolife ® free nucleotide mixture.
* Note Values calculated on a single administration