Spirulina is a microalga that has a very high content of proteins and includes all 21 amino acids. Historically it has been used by many peoples as a food and medicine since ancient times, but only a few years ago its nutritional and pharmacological potential was truly discovered. Precisely for this reason, research and projects on this microorganism are increasing.
Around Spirulina there is a great interest due to its ability to proliferate and produce numerous bioactive compounds such as polysaccharides, starch, proteins, fatty acids, carotenoids, antioxidants, enzymes, polymers, peptides and sterols. The sectors of use are very numerous: from food to cosmetics, from agriculture to biofuel.
In addition to proteins and amino acids, Spirulina also produces mineral salts, lutein and carotenoids, long-chain Omega 3 fatty acids, many vitamins especially from the B group.
Numerous studies and laboratory tests are trying to deepen and demonstrate the support that Spirulina gives to growth, its healing abilities for digestive disorders and its action against tumors.
In particular Spirulina:
- Has antioxidant properties: C-phycocyanin (C-PC), active content in the algae, inhibits the enzyme NADPH oxidase, reducing the production of the superoxide radical.
- Strengthens the immune system: the sulphurated polysaccharides, which can be separated from the aqueous extract of Spirulina, calcium-spirulan (Ca-Sp), enjoy an immunomodulatory and antiviral function, stimulating the production of antibodies.
- It has lipid-lowering effects.
- It has anti-inflammatory effects: C-phycocyanin is a natural COX-2 inhibitor and can control the inflammatory process caused by this enzyme.
The benefits that Spirulina brings are innumerable and also include:
- the beneficial action on the cardiovascular system, eyes and brain.
- Positive effects on skin and hair.
- Contrast of the degenerative maculopathy of the eye for age.
- Control of body weight.
ADVANTAGES OF THE BLISTER PACKAGING
Spirulina in Alghitaly blister is ideal for those who want to take Spirulina as a supplement and want to keep an eye on consumption. Furthermore, the blister also allows for a product that is always perfect from the point of view of organoleptic properties every time it takes a tablet.
The blister pack seals even more the high quality of this product: this, in fact, can guarantee you several advantages over the normal consumption of spirulina tablets in can.
Each tablet is individually packaged and inserted between a flexible plastic housing and a heat-sealed aluminum sheet. This allows an extended duration of the tablets it contains: only after breaking the aluminum film the tablet exposes itself to the action of oxygen and humidity, whereas instead in the traditional cans, once the cap is opened, all the tablets suffer from it the action at the same time. This guarantees that spirulina is not compromised and that its organoleptic characteristics are not altered, allowing to immediately consume a qualitatively intact product.
The blister pack always gives you the opportunity to keep an eye on consumption, allowing better visibility of the residual product and that already taken, contrary to the dispersion of the can.
Furthermore, the blister is very practical because it takes up much less space than the jar. The need to take spirulina tablets with you can be important for those who spend a lot of time away from home and want to have practicality and comfort close at hand.
* Note Values calculated on a single administration